Springfield Elementary School, part of the Springfield School District, was on Friday recognized by the U.S. Department of Education as one of 297 schools as a National Blue Ribbon School for 2022. The recognition is based on a school’s overall academic performance or progress in closing achievement gaps among student subgroups.
The Department recognizes all schools in two performance categories, based on all student scores, subgroup student scores and graduation rates:
- Exemplary High-Performing Schools are among their state’s highest performing schools as measured by state assessments or nationally normed tests.
- Exemplary Achievement Gap-Closing Schools are among their state’s highest performing schools in closing achievement gaps between a school’s student groups and all students.
Other Minnesota schools named as National Blue Ribbon Schools were:
- Minnesota – Bloomington – Seven Hills Preparatory Academy, Seven Hills Preparatory Academy.
- Minnesota – Brainerd – Lowell Elementary School, Brainerd Public School District.
- Minnesota – Cloquet – Churchill Elementary School, Cloquet Public School District
- Minnesota – Good Thunder – Maple River West Elementary School, Maple River School District
- Minnesota – Plymouth – Kimberly Lane Elementary School, Wayzata Public School District.
- Minnesota – Rochester – Lincoln K-8 School, Rochester Public School District.
- Minnesota – Woodbury – Lake Middle School, South Washington County School District.
National Blue Ribbon Schools serve as models of effective school practices for state and district educators and other schools throughout the nation. A National Blue Ribbon School flag gracing a school’s entryway or on a flagpole is a widely recognized symbol of exemplary teaching and learning.