School is closed from March 18 through March 27.
We are following the Minnesota Department of Education guidelines and creating our distance learning plan. There is no instruction, no digital days, and no teacher contact during this time.
Meals Update 3/16/2020
March 16th, 2020
Sleepy Eye Public School Parents and Guardians,
The COVID-19 School Closure has left many families concerned about the availability of a variety of resources during the school shutdown. To address this concern, Sleepy Eye Public School will be preparing and delivering school meals via the bus company Monday through Friday.
The program will work as follows:
- Sleepy Eye Public Schools will provide a lunch and breakfast meal during the time of the school shutdown (Wednesday, March 18th – Friday, March 27th). The breakfast/lunch meal will be delivered together, in one bag.
- Lunch for the day and a breakfast for the next morning will be provided together in each bag. All meals will be prepared by the Sleepy Eye Kitchen staff daily. There will be NO COST for the meals for ANY kids up age 1 to 18. This includes kids from different districts, home schooled children, daycares, etc.
- Beginning Wednesday, March 18th, 2020, the meals will be delivered via bus deliveries by Sleepy Eye Bus Company or picked up at the elementary school front doors from 11-12pm.
- To sign up for meals, please contact Abby Grove, Food Service Director, at 507-822-1777 immediately to make arrangements for delivery or pick up. You only need to sign up once and meals will continue for the duration of the closure. If, for some reason, you need to stop delivery/pick up or change anything, please call.
- Breakfast for Wednesday morning will be given to students interested at the end of the school day tomorrow, Tuesday March 17th.
- We will be in contact with those individuals signed up to assign an approximate delivery time.
This food service plan is in place from Wednesday, March 18th through Friday, March 27th. The Sleepy Eye Public Schools will notify you if plans are extended beyond March 27th.
Mr. John Cselovszki
Superintendent, Sleepy Eye Public Schools
Parents and Students,
The following internet service providers currently have free options available for families in need during the school closures. We highly recommend families without internet access sign up for one of the following as soon as possible. This list is not comprehensive, but is some of the options available in our area. As far as we are aware, the free options all allow cancelation within the free timeframe and no charges will be incurred, please contact the providers below for compete information.
If you have questions, concerns, need help signing up please let us kno by contacting: Tyler Krehbiel, Technology Coordinator @ 507-794-7903
|Service Provider||Pricing||Contact Info|
|Nuvera||60 days free Internet $2.95/month modem fee||www.nuvera.net
|Mediacom||60 days free||https://mediacomc2c.com
|Comcast||60 days free||https://www.internetessentials.com|
|Arvig||Free until end of school year||1-888-992-7844|
|Charter/Spectrum||60 days free||Link|