March 19, 2020
Here are a few updates as per guidance from the System Office and the guidelines around COVID-19 recommendations and how it relates to Minnesota West:
- Classes are suspended from March 16-29. Instruction will resume on March 30. Faculty will be connecting with you directly on the mode of delivery for each class. Many students have asked to start working on online classes immediately, however, under the guidance of the system office, this time of extended spring break is allowing our faculty to work together in making adjustments.
- PSEO/Reach students your instruction will also resume on March 30. Please continue to check your D2L and reach out to your instructors with questions.
- Campuses are reducing the number of employees at each location to protect the health & safety of our employees. Our campuses are still open Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. however, many of our employees will be teleworking. If you have an appointment, please reach out to your college contact prior to your visit. We may recommend scheduling your appointment via phone or zoom.
- The Campus Grill in Canby is closed and will not have takeout or delivery available. They will reopen after March 27 unless there is updated guidance.
- All workout rooms, recreation rooms, and gyms are currently closed to all students, guests and employees.
- Our Luverne & Marshall locations are suspending public access at this time.
- Several events are being canceled at the campuses. Please call in advance if you are uncertain, or follow this page on our website. mnwest.edu/cancellations
- The Workforce Development Scholarship and all other foundation scholarships deadlines have been extended from April 1 to May 1.For more information – mnwest.edu/paying-for-college/scholarships
- All Spring 2020 commencements at all Minnesota State colleges and universities, including Minnesota West are delayed on campus. We will be in touch as we are looking for alternate ways of recognition.
- Our LARC hours, testing services, tutoring are still available, however, please call ahead for scheduling or questions. Our communications center is available Monday – Friday 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. at 1-800-658-2330
- We are working with the Department of Education, Financial Aid, Title IV, Federal Work-study and many other agencies for guidance, we will continue to help and provide you with answers as we receive them.
- United Healthcare is offering an emotional support helpline for all students through one of their subsidiary companies called Optum. Their toll-free help line number, 866-342-6892, will be open 24 hours a day, seven days a week, for as long as necessary and the service is free of charge and open to any student.
- Please see the below zoom meetings that are available for students on a various topics