As you may have heard, the concern of the continued spread of the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) is likely and as of right now we are unsure how this will impact us here at Gil-Mor Manor and Gil-Mor Haven. Therefore, in coordination with Dr. Joshua Friese, our Medical Director, management, the recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the World Health Organization (WHO), we are being proactive and are restricting all visitors to our facility. The doors have been locked and the front double doors will be limited to only emergency family visits and essential personnel.
We here at Gil-Mor want to reassure our residents, tenants, their family, friends, employees and community that we are taking every measure of precaution to prevent the spread of the Coronavirus.
We understand that communication with your loved ones is very important and encourage you to communicate with them by telephone, e-mail, social media or video chat. We will post updates to our website at https://gilmormanor.wixsite.com/gilmor and Gil-Mor Facebook site. Please check these sites or give us a call at 507-249-3143 prior to coming to visit.
What You Can Do to Keep Yourself and Your Family Healthy
- Take everyday preventive actions to stay healthy.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Follow public health advice regarding school closures, avoiding crowds and other social distancing measures.
Watch for symptoms
Reported illnesses have ranged from mild symptoms to severe illness and death for confirmed coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) cases.
The following symptoms may appear 2-14 days after exposure.*
- Shortness of breath