Image by Farmers Golf and Health Club

A faulty charger is blamed for a fire that destroyed 29 golf carts at a Sanborn golf course.

The Sanborn Fire Department found the shed at Farmers Golf and Health Club engulfed in flames Thursday and were able to keep it from spreading to other buildings. The 30-stall shed with 29 golf carts inside is considered a total loss. No injuries were reported.

Officials say the fire happened the day before a big tournament and neighboring Springfield Golf Club donated 30 carts for the event.

(Learfield)