On Monday, March 16, RC Hospital & Clinics will be temporarily closing the Renville Clinic. On Tuesday, March 17, the Hector Clinic, will be temporarily closed due to the rapidly changing COVID-19 situation.
A release from the hospital stated, “This is a not a decision we have taken lightly, as our Incident Command Team has been preparing for weeks on the necessary precautions to minimize the spread of COVID-19. The temporary closure of these clinics will allow our team to provide additional staff at our Olivia site to best serve our patients in this time of rapid changes due to COVID-19. The Olivia Clinic will continue to be open regular hours. As COVID-19 continues to spread here and across the United States, we will likely see an increase with this infectious disease in the coming weeks. Our team remains confident in our plans and preparations along with continuing to work with our community stakeholders.”
RC Hospital & Clinics will continue to follow all current and updated guidance from the CDC and Minnesota Department of Health on best practices. If you have more questions, feel free to call the MN Department of Health COVID-19 hotline at 1-651-201-3920 between the hours of 7 a.m. – 7 p.m.
Drive – Thru Testing Station
On Tuesday, March 17 at 8:00 a.m. RC Hospital & Clinics will initiate a Drive-Thru Screening Station at the Olivia location. Patients who have respiratory illness symptoms and can no longer manager their care at home should follow the steps below when seeking care at RC Hospital & Clinics in Olivia.
- First, call 1-800-916-1836 and ask for the Triage Nurse.
- If asked to come in for testing, please drive to RC Hospital & Clinics drive-thru screening station that is located near our ER entrance.
- RC Hospital & Clinics staff will greet you when you arrive.
For your safety, and that of others, we highly encourage you to:
- Start an online (www.rchospital.com) eClinic visit if you have symptoms of COVID-19, which is now FREE OF CHARGE.
- Symptoms may include
- Fever (100.4 or higher), cough, and shortness of breath – AND
- You have been in close contact with a person known to have COVID-19 OR You have recently traveled from an area with widespread or ongoing community spread of COVID-19 (including areas in the United States known to have a high number of COVID-19 cases)
- Symptoms may include
- If you are sick, stay home
- Wash your hand thoroughly
- Cough and sneeze into a tissue
- Call 1-800-916-1836 and ask for the Triage Nurse before seeking care in-person
Note: At this time Minnesota HealthCare Systems do not have the capability to test ALL patients for COVID-19, but if the evaluating provider deems it necessary the patient may be tested.