Five area residents were injured when the ATV they were riding overturned on Saturday evening.
On August 28, at about 10:30 p.m., the Kandiyohi County Sheriff’s Office responded to a one-vehicle crash with multiple injuries in the 1000 block of County Road 9 NE, just outside the city of Willmar.
Deputies found a motor vehicle that had left the roadway and came to rest on its roof. Five occupants had been in the vehicle:
• Matthew Monson, 44 years old from Willmar (Driver)
• Cole Monson, 21 years old from Willmar (Passenger)
• Ian Carruthers, 21 years old from Atwater (Passenger)
• Levi Hauser, 23 years old from Raymond (Passenger)
• 15-year-old juvenile from Willmar (Passenger)
The driver and passengers were transported to Carris Health – Rice Memorial Hospital for various levels of injuries sustained during the crash. The conditions of the individuals are unknown at this time. Alcohol is believed to be a factor in the crash and the investigation remains ongoing by the Kandiyohi County Sheriff’s Office.
Assisting the sheriff’s office were CentraCare EMS, Atwater Ambulance, Willmar Fire Department, Atwater Fire Department and the Kandiyohi County Rescue Squad.
Bring your old, worn out, broken and unwanted appliances and electronics to the collection being held behind […]