Image courtesy JP Cola, KWLM

Fire damaged a house in Olivia Friday morning.

Fire Chief Tim Seehusen says at 4:35 a.m. they were called to a story-and-a-half home in the 200 Block of South 7th Street where smoke was coming from the soffits and attic vents. Seehusen says a fire had started in a wall next to the chimney and spread into the attic. The house withstood some fire and smoke damage, but the couple who lived there and their pets were safe.

Seehusen says with the cold weather, the couple had started a fire in the fireplace and a stray ember had ignited a stud in the inner wall next to the chimney. He advises people to have their fireplaces and chimneys inspected and cleaned, if necessary, before starting to burn wood this fall.

After the fire was out, several members of the Olivia Fire Crew attended the FFA breakfast at BOLD High School wearing their full firefighting gear.

(JP Cola, KWLM)

Events Calendar

Calendar of Events

M Mon

T Tue

W Wed

T Thu

F Fri

S Sat

S Sun

2 events,

6 events,

7 events,

4 events,

5 events,

4 events,

6 events,

3 events,

6 events,

5 events,

7 events,

4 events,

2 events,

4 events,

2 events,

4 events,

3 events,

5 events,

3 events,

3 events,

4 events,

1 event,

5 events,

3 events,

2 events,

2 events,

1 event,

3 events,

0 events,

2 events,

1 event,

1 event,

1 event,

1 event,

3 events,