There’s been an approximately one-third increase in residential and garbage and recycling in Redwood and Renville Counties since the COVID-19 crisis began about two months ago.
According to the Redwood Renville Regional Material Recovery (RRRSWA) facility Friday, more people are at home and more people are cleaning. RRRSWA staff asks that you remember not everything from your home can be recycled.
- If you live in town, use your recycling cart.
- Drop sites are for rural residents only.
- If bins are full, come back another day.
- Recycling items should not be in plastic bags.
- PLEASE break down delivery boxes for recycling. (Do not recycle packing materials.)
- Cardboard (flattened)
- Junk Mail
- Paperback Books
- Phone Books
- Paper Egg Cartons
- Pantry Food Boxes
- Paper Bags
- Food, Beverage and Pie Cans
- Aluminum Foil Aerosol Cans (empty) Plastic Containers #1 thru #5 (no caps) Clear, Green, and Brown glass
- Frozen or Refrigerator Food Boxes
- Beer or Pop Boxes •Packing Foam
- Waxed Cardboard •Plastic Bags
- Packing Materials
- Kids Toys / Pools
- Siding / PVC Pipe
- Light Bulbs
- Seasonal Items: (planters, edging, hoses)
- Dishes / Ceramics
- Tree / Brush Items
- Residential Garbage
ITEMS THAT CAN BE RECYCLED OR DISPOSED OF FOR A SMALL FEE:
- Mattresses and Box Springs (dry/no mold)
- Couches, Chairs, Love Seats and Sectionals
* Note: Dispose of tires at dealerships, auto repair shops or Renville County Demolition Landfill.
JUNE APPLIANCE/ELECTRONIC COLLECTIONS CANCELED. Contact S.W. Recycling at 1-800-366-8665 for alternatives.
If you have recycling or garbage disposal questions, call RRRSWA at 320-523-8002.