July 14: Renville County, in partnership with the Southern Minnesota Beet Sugar Cooperative (SMBSC), will be providing an opportunity for Renville County residents to dispose of tires of all sizes, tracks, and rubber defoliator flails at a reduced rate collection event. This tire event is for Renville County residents only with no other waste items being accepted at the collection. The tire collection will be held from 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. on Wednesday, July 14, 2021, at the Southern Minnesota Beet Sugar Coop (SMBSC) Bird Island piling site, located at 85592 County Road 5, Bird Island, Minnesota. Residents are asked to use the South Entrance off of County Road 11.
· Payment by Cash or Check only. (No cards accepted)
· Tire collection rates are .15 cents per pound.
· Rim weight will be charged at an additional rate of .15 cents per pound.
· Items other than those listed above will not be accepted.
· Renville County will charge an additional fee of $100 per ton in specific situations, including but not limited to contamination (i.e. mud, grass).
· County representatives have the right to reject loads for any reason.
· No tires will be accepted from businesses or non-residents.
For more information on the tire collection event, visit Renville County’s website at www.renvillecountymn.com or call 320-523-8002 or 320-523-1144.