September 11: Winthrop Public Library is excited to announce its participation in September 11, 2001: The Day That Changed the World, a downloadable educational exhibition that presents the history of 9/11, its origins, and its ongoing implications through the personal stories of those who witnessed and survived the attacks.
Winthrop Public Library
Saturday, September 11, 7 am — Noon
The exhibition will include:
• Poster exhibit
• Anniversary in the Schools: 2021 Webinar. Participants will learn about 9/11 through personal stories from 9/11 family members Cait Leavey, Brielle Saracini, and John Spade, first responders from the FDNY and PAPD, and a student on 9/11, and ask questions through a live chat with Museum staff.
• Moments of Silence. We will be marking 6 key moments on 9/11. Every year, the moments are observed as part of the official 9/11 anniversary commemoration ceremony held at the World Trade Center for victims’ families.
• Computer Stations. Participants can visit select links to 9/11 Memorial and Museum Websites
• Children’s Activity Table. Children are invited to honor our local first responders.
• Written Thoughts. An area to post notes (thanks, where they were, how affected, etc.)