County Board Summary for December 12, 2017
The following is a summary of the County Board meeting held December 12, 2017:
Approved the agenda; Amended November 7th minutes; November 28th minutes; bills.
Entered into Ditch Authority and set hearing date and times for CD 23, 68, 68 LAT A, 41, 70, 93 and 42.
· Approved the Auditor-Treasurer consent agenda items: Cash Balance Report; Investment Summary; Budget Reports; and November, 2017 Disbursements.
Wilms presented an overview of SWHHS since she became the new director.
· Approved CUP #16-17 for an extractional permit for G. Bitker-J. Labat.
· Approved CUP #17-17 for an extractional permit for M. Rasmussen.
· Awarded Houston Engineering for the Cottonwood River Dam Project.
· Adopted the Minnesota River Valley Master Plan with Renville County.
· Wold informed the Board of the Grant award in the amount of $301,435 for the Plum Creek Park Development project.
· Approved to establish a Joint County Committee with Renville County for the MN River Valley Master Plan.
· Approved R & B Bills in the amount of $1,250.
· Approved the State of Minnesota Agency Agreement.
· Adopted Resolution for the Agency Agreement.
· Caraway reported to the Board on the anticipated travel days for NACVSO in 2018.
· Approved to set the 2018 Board Meeting dates.
· Approved the Elected Officials Out of State Travel Policy.
· Approved the Amendment to the Land Purchase Agreement with Robert LeSage for the Veterans Cemetery.
· Approved the Land Purchase Agreement with Dean Swigart for the Veterans Cemetery.
· Approved the 2018 Tobacco License renewals.
· The Board reviewed the Plum Creek Library System Agreement and made no revisions.
· The Board reviewed the November 2017 Jail Population.
· Approved 2017 Contract with American Communications in the amount of $13,500.
· Approved the job description for the Restorative Justice Assistant Position and set salary at Grade 8.
· Approved the Safe Assure Contract Renewal.
· Adopted Resolution setting elected officials 2018 salaries.
· Salden presented the AMC Recognition Award that the CAC received at the AMC Winter Conference.
· Adjourned at 12:50 p.m.