Briana Mumme, coordinator for the Redwood County Economic Development Authority, sent out the following request Monday for area residents who might be interested in serving on the board:
Hi Community Leaders,
The Redwood County Economic Development Authority Board is actively seeking applications to fulfill three available board positions; two at large members and one representing District 4 (City of Redwood Falls).
The purpose of the Redwood County Economic Development Authority (EDA) is to be the catalyst for economic growth, job creation, business retention and improving the quality of life in Redwood County. The EDA Board consists of setting policies and direction to the Economic Development Coordinator. One representative from each of the five districts, two at large members and two County Commissioners make up a nine member board.
· Monthly Board meetings on the second Thursday of each month at 9 am
· Three-year term, with no Member serving more than three full terms (consecutive or nonconsecutive)
· Occasional committee meetings
· Knowledge of community
· Willing to participate for positive results
· Able to think innovatively
· Motivational (relative to staff and other Board members)
· Desire to understand and promote economic development
· Assist with “bridge building” between and among communities, groups and individuals
Improved knowledge of the community as a whole
Network with people from across Redwood County with similar interests and concerns
Per diem and mileage reimbursement
Interested applicants are asked to mail, fax or email completed applications (ED_Board_Application) to Briana Mummeby Wednesday, December 14th, 2017, with the desire for the board member term to begin January 2018. Applications will be reviewed by the EDA Board and appointed by the County Board of Commissioners.
More information can be found at: https://redwoodcounty-mn.us/services/eda/ or contact me.