The Redwood Falls Public Works Department will be chip sealing streets and bituminous alleys south of Broadway (Highway 67) and west of Gould Street, and all streets west of the MNDoT bridge over Lake Redwood. This process is weather-dependent, and rain events will affect scheduling.
Chip sealing is anticipated to start on Thursday, August 17, 2017.
• Wednesday, August 16, 2017, no parking signs will be deployed on streets South of MN Trunk Highway 67 (Broadway Street) and West of South Gould Street for cars to be clear by 6:00 a.m. Thursday, August 17, 2017.
• Thursday, August 17, 2017, Seal Coating is anticipated to begin.
• Thursday, August 17, 2017, no parking signs will be deployed on streets South of MN TH 67 (Broadway Street), West of Mill Street, and streets west of Lake Redwood and South of MN TH 19 for cars to be clear by 6:00 a.m. Friday, August 18, 2017.
• Saturday, August 19, 2017, no parking signs will be deployed on streets North of MN TH 19 (West Bridge Street Street) and West of the Redwood River up to the Sway Back Bridge for cars to be clear by 6:00 a.m. Monday, August 21, 2017.
• Parking lots at the Fire Station, Water Treatment Plant, Ramsey Falls Overlook and upper Ramsey Falls parking lots are included in this year’s chip sealing and will be closed periodically.
• All current seal coated/bituminous alleys in the project area will be seal coated after the streets are finished.
• The parking lots will be closed a second time during the week to sweep the excess granite chips and complete a final fog seal.
The granite chips will be allowed to bind in place 1-2 days followed by sweeping. Scheduled changes due to weather delays will be relayed through constant contact messaging, KLGR radio and the City Website www.ci.redwood-falls.mn.us.
No parking signs will be posted a minimum of a day in advance for each street that is to be seal coated. Barricades will be placed screening the immediate work area and will move from street to street. One lane of traffic will be maintained in the work area.
Again, residential streets will be signed the evening before the seal coat application, and motor vehicles must be removed to an off street location between the hours of 6:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. or risk being towed. Once the seal coat process is finished, the street will be open to traffic.
The City of Redwood Falls asks for your patience through the process.
For more information, please call Jim Doering, Public Works Project Coordinator at 507-637-5755.